Clerk to Governors
Due to the retirement of our Clerk, Wyndham Park Nursery School is looking to recruit a new Clerk to the Governing Board.
This role is key to the effectiveness of the Nursery’s governance arrangements.
Duties include the provision of advice in and outside of governing board meetings to ensure the board works in accordance with the legal framework and to provide a full and effective administrative service. This includes the preparation for and minuting of meetings, most of which are scheduled to take place between 1pm and 3pm (though there may be occasional evening meetings).
Most work can be completed outside of meetings to suit the applicant’s schedule. Own PC or laptop is essential.
The post is for 24 hours across the school year, which includes attendance to approximately 6 meetings plus administrative work from home – usually term time only.
- Reliability, efficiency and the ability to observe confidentiality requirements;
- The ability to provide excellent administrative support to the Governing Body and it’s committees and manage information in accordance with legal requirements;
- The ability to provide advice on governance, constitutional and procedural matters;
- To issue the agenda and supporting paperwork;
- Competence in note taking and timely production of accurate minutes;
- The possession of sound IT skills (specifically, the use of Microsoft Office, email and the internet);
- To be prepared to attend relevant training.
This job would suit a self-motivated individual keen to use their experience to help the ongoing development of a small nursery school with its smooth running and desire for constant improvement.
Relevant experience working with committees and knowledge or interest in school
governing boards is an advantage. Training and on-going support will be provided.
Wyndham Park Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For an informal chat, or to arrange a tour of the nursery, please do not hesitate to contact the Nursery on 01476 563966 or email email@example.com
Please note that the school will be closed for summer from Monday 23rd July until Monday 3rd September. Emails will be checked during this time but the school will be closed.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7th September 2018 Interview Date: Week commencing 17th September 2018