Promoting British Values
At Wyndham Park Nursery School we value all of our children and families. We promote mutual respect and are an inclusive setting. We want children to be independent learners so that they can make their own choices and build and develop strong relationships and friendships with lots of people. We expect children to join in and try their best and to follow our simple rules. All of these things are the foundations for growing in to good citizens and promote the ‘British Values’ of democracy, the rule of the law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance.
- Sharing ideas and experiences
- Children plan their own activities
- Sharing resources
- Parents run Friends of Wyndham Park
- Governors represent the community
- We understand that all children are different and they all develop at different rates with different needs.
- We work hard to build relationships with all of our different families.
- We celebrate different special occasions that are important to our families and the wider world.
- Children can spend part of the day choosing their own activity.
- Children can choose whether to work inside or outside at different times.
- Children can choose when they want to have snack and what they would like to eat from a selection.
- We celebrate children’s individual interests and incorporate them in to planning.
The Rule of Law
- We expect all children to follow our simple rules with support.
- Children understand why we need to have simple rules – to keep us safe and make things fair.
- Our policies and procedures make sure we are consistent and have clear expectations that all are aware of.
Tolerance to those of different faiths and beliefs
- We promote respect and tolerance for different people, faith, cultures and languages.
- We have positive images reflecting diversity.
- We ensure we offer children exposure to a wide range of cultures over the year they are with us.